Wednesday 10 February 2016

A Botanical Sunday

 On a Sunday morning after a blustery night of heavy showers (says you tell me something different)
I came across a guy in his boxer shorts, simulating a swim in a poodle of water just down a bit from  Benedict's  Hotel in Bradbury Place. Who had than got up and ran back to his mates, ( a group of Welsh Rugby fans over for the rugby match   Ireland v Whales later that day in Dublin ) to collect his prize. Running back to celebrate by diving into the poodle of water again.

  Further up the road I came across a orange tabby cat entertaining a group of Chinese visitors to Northern Ireland on yet another photo shoot he was clearly enjoying. And wondered if further up I was going to meet a monkey on this Chinese New Years Eve.

  I arrived at my first destination for the day. A showing of  a documentary on the life of Bruno Gröning who was a German spiritual healer. And as I watched. It reminded me of a guy I knew from County Sligo that I had first met in London some years ago. And after a spell of work in Germany had returned to his native Ireland from London, And is now visited by people from all over, as he now works as a spiritual healer himself.

  After which I met a group of Australian/English visitors for a walking tour from Queens University to the Belfast City hall. And as a Garden Designer entering the Botanic Gardens which had been laid out in the 1830s. That the tour really got started. The English contingent where fascinated to hear Bruce Forsyths' Grandfather had designed and built, the Tropical Ravine.(Which is now undergoing a £2 million  redevelopment) And everyone was amazed how green the park looked even in the depth of Winter. The snowdrops winter cyclamen, and some early spring bulbs where all on show. As I shared revelations of my childhood on the great lawn, on what was a sunny afternoon.

  We continued on into the city center, touching on Belfast troubled recent past. And through the Linen  Quarter, finishing at the city hall. Just in time for me to take in the second half of the rugby match in McHughs.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment